Feeble BMX FEEBLEBMX.COM Logo

Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome!
Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! BMX NewsBMX ForumBMX PhotosBC SkateparksBMX Videos
TAG WALL +-
STATUS +-
SESSIONATOR +-
NEWS +-
FORUM +-
PHOTOS +-
BCPARKS +-
BROKENVCR +-
LINKS +-
FBMX BMX Forum
Try not to be an asshole.
Home | User list | Rules | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
FBMX BMX Forum / Name This Forum / An indoor park to ride bicycles. mmmm bikes. Moderated by mattesque  
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 ... 34
stokes

I have the key right in my hand to my little 10, 000 square foot park. hehe. =).  um, so I might need some people to help build and such?  Any of you up for that?  Design input always a good thing.

mmm foam pit...hehhe.  got an email I can throw ya pics at?  better yet, wanna come take your own?  Ill give ya a private tour.

the place is massive.

ok, glad your all stoked,

Nov. 24, 2005 8:13 PM
Website  
mulletboyz

im gonna go  ride that shit

Nov. 24, 2005 8:13 PM

blackops

Im down to help build, and come take some pictures. And more.

Nov. 24, 2005 8:24 PM

j
Administrator

j@feeblebmx.com

My only suggestion is to make it all in sections. The reason that it is worth it to drive down to Renton to pay $10 to ride the Skatebarn is because you are guaranteed to get a lot of riding in.

There are 5 sections:
Vert Ramp
Street/Skateboard Area
Mini-Ramp
Wedge / Grindbox Area
Quarter / Jumpbox Area

If any of these areas get too busy you just ride something else. Or if you see that the mini is empty you say "hey, lets go session that for a while". There can be 30 people there and it doesn't feel like it's that busy.

It also works really well for mixed sessions. I mean lets face it. 90% of the skaters only rode the little street area and the mini-ramp. 95% of the MTBers mainly rode the box jump area. We mostly rode the wedge area with some sessions on the other areas as well. There were little kids, bladers, skaters, MTBers, and BMXers and a scooter kid all riding at the same time with no problems.

The second reason that it's fun is the way they run it. Once you sign a waiver you are in the computer system. You show up, tell them your name and that's it. The kids working can look up your name instantly. They take your $10 and give you a wristband. Quick and easy.

They have helmets for rent if you forget yours and they also have a big clock in the park so you always know how much time you have left and the sessions always end at the same time so you are never surprized. You always have that extra 30 minutes at the end to take photos or whatever because you know when closing time is coming.

The front desk part is separate from the rest of the park which is nice for some reason. Once you are in the park they leave you alone. Skatebarn and the RDS park also have lockers so you have a place to stash your stuff. It's nice not to have backpacks and stuff all over the park.

I would recommend a trip to RDS or the Skatebarn. Not to look at the ramps really but just to look at how it's all set up. Pro front desk area with session times on the wall, your name in the computer and lockers in the front area. Park all in sections so lots of people can session at the same time without getting in each other's way.

Nov. 24, 2005 9:01 PM

Flash

Mr.stokes, you make me very stoked!

I can't wait to give you my money... and alot of helped build at rons so please feel free to contact me for sure threw this site if you need a hand, thanks again.

Nov. 24, 2005 9:25 PM

riley

this is awesome. i have been following that thread on nsmb, but i didn't realize it was happening so soon.

foam pit!!!

and it should definitely have a 6 ft mini, and a hip like the one in the bowl at hastings. that hip is awesome.

Nov. 24, 2005 10:18 PM

fish
Local

IM IN ME SOO HAPPY

Nov. 24, 2005 10:47 PM
Website  
Flash

This is like a pimped up woodyard, this design is so much fun we all know. If you made something like this it would be sweet.

Nov. 25, 2005 1:13 AM

cheech

JUMP BOX AND SPINE RYTHM SECTION!!!!!!!

Nov. 25, 2005 1:43 AM
steev

I'd like to help as well, just put out an open call and say when. I'm sure a lot of people will show up. My one request for the park would be a decent ledge/wedge setup.

Nov. 25, 2005 2:47 AM

mattesque
Moderates with an iron fist

this sounds really cool.  definately check out how slick the skatebarn runs things.  pretty much everything j said i double down on.

Nov. 25, 2005 8:53 AM
Website  
d.a king
mud pies

this sounds sweet i will be happy to help as long as the ramps are good, with lotsa flow and such. we need at least one 90 degreee quarter pipe hip either 5 or 6 foot and maybe a 6 foot mini ramp with a 5 foot street spine in the middle. that would be rad

Nov. 25, 2005 11:04 AM

d.a king
mud pies

oh and we need at least one good 6 foot quarter to wall with a wdge on either side and good speed line into it so you can blast it like shit

Nov. 25, 2005 11:07 AM

Green and Gold
Robot

A good idea would be to go to the Edge Climbing Centre in North Van sometime and talk to Henry (the owner), he has airtight waiver and first aid and stuff down.  He was also looking into building an indoor skatepark in North Van sometime in the next few years, so he has researched the idea, maybe could help you out, but conversely may not want to give out all his secerets..... a la capitalist competition....

I'd be down for helping building ramps and stuff.  I could also design build you a database/prgram for keeping track of people signing up and stuff.

Well i like the idea of a year, pass, but something intermediate like a 1 month or 3 month pass would be better.... because evern moves around so frequently a year pass is a bad investment if you are not sure you are going to be around that long.

I was also had another idea, kinda different way of looking at things..... what if you structured it like MEC.  Like the core group of riders and boarders would pay an upfront fee at the beginning, get a membership card or something, then get discounted everytime they go in.  Promote it such that they are now part owners of the park and should there for take care of it, and this would hopefully lead to better stewardship all around if everyone is collaborating......  if not maybe i have been reading too much Marxist literature......

Nov. 25, 2005 11:37 AM

Green and Gold
Robot

...and make sure a street spine and wall ride are in there

Nov. 25, 2005 11:42 AM

fish
Local

jersey barrier if possible haha those things are fun , sub rails as well .

Nov. 25, 2005 12:11 PM
Website  
hangfive
critical

subbox!  this all sounds pretty sweet except for the fact that stokes will be running it (n)

Nov. 25, 2005 1:27 PM

hangfive
critical

subbox!  this all sounds pretty sweet except for the fact that stokes will be running it..

Nov. 25, 2005 1:28 PM

UBCBMX

curved wall ride?

Nov. 25, 2005 2:37 PM

mattesque
Moderates with an iron fist

of things in it... i always loved the whipped wall with a quarter in the middle that the tacoma park used to have.

Nov. 25, 2005 3:32 PM
Website  
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 ... 34    
Jump to